Taking steps to improve community relations
Buffalo State's decision to form a committee to address the problems created by careless off-campus residents is a step in the right direction toward improving relations between our school and the community.
It reflects poorly on the school as a whole when noise complaints are commonly directed at off-campus students. While what students do in their non-academic free time may seem like something that shouldn't be the business of the school's, it's important that Buffalo State maintains a positive image within the community.
Informing students of the disciplinary consequences of disruptive behavior off-campus is an important first step to curbing noise and other complaints. The school has taken another positive step by providing a phone number to residents of student-populated areas that can be called in case of problems.
Holding commuters to the same standards of community respect is not an unreasonable idea, as their behavior is a reflection of the school.
We hope these efforts can lead to a more mutual respect of campus and community.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Record News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE RECORD NEWS
- We've Moved to www.buffstaterecord.com!
- Obama divulges new higher education initiative during visit to UB
- Ailing Podolefsky steps down as president
- SUNY appoints Cohen interim president
- President Podolefsky announces leave to fight cancer
- Rappers put Pepsi in a bind
- Congrats to grads: take next step with gratitude
RECENT THE RECORD CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The ABCs of ACA -- Advice for Business Owners in 2016
- Hope for Sufferers of Myofascial Pain?
- A Delicious and Warm Pear Salad for Winter
- Major Maryland Piano Store to Close Its Doors
- A Better Valentine's Day Gift for Couples?
- Crowdfunding's Latest Effort: Preventing Youth Sports...
- El Regalo Ideal Para Cualquier Etapa De Tu Relación
- Seeing a Chiropractor First Can Save You Money
- Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the...
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?